Don't under estimate the value of our school uniform:
1. Our uniform shows that you are part of our school.
2. When you wear our uniform, wear it with pride, it means you are being respectful and demonstrating our schools ethos and mission.
3. Our uniform give students a sense of belonging and creates an identity for our school in the community.
4. Studies have shown school uniform can improve learning by reducing distraction, sharpening focus on schoolwork and making the classroom a more serious environment, allowing students to perform better academically.
5. Our uniform means students don’t have to worry about peer pressure when it comes to their clothes. When everyone is dressed the same, worrying about what you look like isn’t so important. There is no competition about being dressed in the latest trend.
Purchasing School Uniform - My Clothing
The School Office only keeps a stock of elastic and normal ties. These are available to purchase at £3.50 each. To be purchased via SIMS Pay.
Tesco UES has now changed to My Clothing. You’ll find our school uniform on their website and ordering is as simple as it was before. Nothing changes except the company name. Your login and password are the same as on the Tesco F&F admin platform.
To order school uniform please click on the picture link and follow the instructions.
Our School Uniform
|Girls Uniform||Boys Uniform|
Grey skirt/pinafore dress
Grey trousers, long/ short
Or grey trousers (not fashion ie Flares, Boot Legs)
Red pullover or red
Red cardigan/ pullover/ or red
"Knolls Lane" sweatshirt
"Knolls Lane" sweatshirt/cardigan
|School tie||Grey Socks|
|Grey or white socks||
Summer red polo shirt
|Grey, red or black tights||Suitable black shoes (not trainers)|
Summer (as above or dresses with red and
|Suitable black shoes (not trainers)|
Children are not allowed to wear earrings of any description for school or any school event. Anyone deciding to let their child have their ears pierced should do so only at the beginning of the summer holidays, so that they have six weeks for them to heal.
Nail varnish should not be worn at any time. Hairdressings should be red, black, white, gold or silver. Fancy hairstyles, shaved patterns etc are not permitted in school.
Our P.E. Uniform
|Infants||Girls and Boys|
|Black Shorts||Black Shorts|
|White T-Shirt||White T-Shirt|
|Slip on plimsolls||Pumps for indoor activities|
|Trainers for outdoor activities|
|Tracksuit for outdoor activities|
P.E. / Games wear to be kept in drawstring bags on cloakroom pegs. (Parents are asked to ensure that all items of clothing are clearly labelled with the child's name.)
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Indoor work will be done in plimsolls, or bare feet if no plimsolls in school.
- If a child is suffering from veruccas these need to be treated and plimsolls worn.
- No jewellery should be worn.
All children participate in PE, as this is a mandatory subject of the curriculum and parents should notify the school by letter or personal contact if their child is not participating, for any reason, in a PE or swimming lesson.
Non-participants are involved wherever possible in the lesson by planning and observing and evaluating others’ performance. We are currently looking at providing a bank of work which involves health / fitness / scientific issues for non-participants to complete during PE Lessons.
- If a child forgets his / her kit they must borrow one from school.
- Teaching staff will wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
- If for medical or religious reasons your child cannot wear the recommended PE kit please notify school.