The Price of school meals is £2.00 per day for KS2 children (£2.10 from 1st April 2017) and for KS1 children school meals are free. Payment for the week should be made on Monday.
Children who are absent should bring the money on their return - they will be credited for any meals paid for but not taken. Please send the correct amount in a sealed envelope bearing the child's name. Cheques made payable to Oldham MBC.
We are fortunate at St Agnes School to be able to offer midday meals cooked on the premises by our cook Mrs Langton. These meals are of a high standard and wide variety.
If you wish your child to change from school dinners to packed lunches, a letter giving two weeks notice should be sent to the Headteacher.
Please download our sample menu below.
|Sample Menu A1 October 2016||[pdf 594KB]|
|Sample Menu A2 October 2016||[pdf 587KB]|
|Sample Menu A3 October 2016||[pdf 584KB]|
KS1 and Means Tested Free School Meals
Key Stage 1 children (from Reception to Year 2) are entitled to a free school meal.
Please let the School Office know if you want to opt out of the scheme and provide your child with a packed lunch from home.
Means Tested Free School Meals - Eligibility
You can get free school meals if your child attends a local authority maintained school (not private) and you receive one of the following:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed the current year’s level
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finished, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week.
- Universal Credit
Please click on the link below to find out more.
Although most children have school meals, sandwiches may be brought on request. If your child does bring a packed lunch could you ensure that it is in a sealed, plastic container with the child's name clearly marked. No hot drinks are permitted for safety reasons. Drinks should be in unbreakable containers. We are a healthy eating school therefore sweets and chocolates are not allowed. St Agnes is also a "crisp free" zone.
Fruit and Milk Scheme
Milk is available daily for infant children free of charge. Please let us know if your child will not require it.
At present all children in the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 receive a piece of fruit on a daily basis. This is part of the National Fruit Scheme and is free of charge.