The length of St Agnes School week is 32 hours and 55 minutes
Children are expected to be present on the school premises five minutes before school starts in both morning and afternoon. Parents are asked to ensure, if possible, that their children do not arrive on the premises before 8.30 am.
Our School Day
Entry into School 8.40 am
KS1 and Foundation Stage 8.40 am to 12.00 noon
KS2 8.40 am to 12.15 pm
Morning break 10.45 am to 11.00 am
Foundation Stage 12.00 to 1.15 pm
KS1 and KS2 12.15 pm to 1.15 pm
Afternoon Session - KS1 and Foundation Stage
1.15 pm to 2.30 pm
Afternoon break 2.30 pm to 2.45 pm
2.45 pm- 3.15 pm
Afternoon Session - KS2
1.15 pm to 3.15 pm
School Holiday Calendar
Please click on the link to see the School Holiday Calendar. School Holiday Calendar page
Illness and Late Arrivals
WHAT THE LAW SAYS: By law all children of compulsory school age (between 5 and 16) must receive a full-time education. Section 444 (1a) of the Education Act 1996 says “ if a child of compulsory school age, who is a registered pupil at a school, fails to attend regularly, without reasonable justification, then his (her) parent is guilty of an offence”. Children are required to attend school for 190 days (380 sessions) in any single academic year (September – July). There is an expectation that over the course of an academic year a child’s attendance will be 96% or more. Absence that falls below 80% is categorised by the Government as persistent absence. “…there is a clear link between poor attendance at school and low levels of achievement” (Department for Education)
It is important that parents:- Ensure that their child is able to attend school for the whole academic year by :-
- making medical appointments out of school time wherever possible.
- Avoid booking any holidays during term time
- Avoid encouraging their child to stay at home for unjustifiable reasonsThe school will:-
- And ensure that their child arrives at school, on time every day.
- Keep efficient and accurate attendance registers.
- Ensure parents /carers are aware of the school term dates and INSET days on our website
- Notify parents of any immediate school closure e.g. due to bad weather
- Submit attendance, lates and unauthorized attendance data to the Local Authority and Department for Education on a regular basis.
- Review and monitor attendance data regularly for the Governing body and parents.
- Deal with persistent absences and lates by contacting parents
- We want pupils to:-
- Attend school regularly
- Arrive on time and prepared for the school day
LEAVE OF ABSENCE: Following the 2013 amendment to The Education Regulations, schools cannot authorize any leave, other than in exceptional circumstances. Leave of absence SHALL NOT be granted, unless these circumstances have been discussed with and permitted by the Headteacher. In all other circumstances this will be recorded as an unauthorized absence.