Complaints Procedure

The majority of complaints about the curriculum, and every day concerns, will be dealt with in informal discussion with parents and settled amicably, with the school staff and the Headteacher. In those few cases where the complainant still remains dissatisfied, the arrangements provide for the referral of most complaints to a small panel of Sub-Committee members of the Governing Body.

For complaints about religious education or collective worship, however, the procedures at the final stage are different and the referral of the complaint will be to a panel of members of the diocesan authorities.

Investigating and responding to complaints about schools is the responsibility of the governing body of each school.  All Oldham schools have a School Complaints Procedure for addressing the concerns of parents/carers or other members of the community.

Make a complaint

Discuss your concern with the class teacher or member of staff concerned. Most concerns can be addressed at this stage.  If you are still unhappy, contact the school to arrange an appointment to discuss your concerns with the Headteacher (Miss Butterworth).


Take unresolved complaints further

You can make a formal complaint in writing to:

Governor Support

Level 4

Civic Centre

West Street


OL1 1UT  

Complaints for the local authority

Contact the Senior Children's Complaints Officer about the following issues:

Delivery of the National Curriculum

The provision of religious education and collective worship (with the exception of church (aided) schools)

School admissions or exclusions

Special educational needs assessments

Child protection issues and allegations of child abuse


Senior Children's Complaints Officer

For complaints handled by the local authority.


Level 12

Civic Centre

West Street



Tel 0161 770 1129

Government Advice - Making a Complaint about a State School

Please access the information here.

Complain About a State Schools

Government Advice - Making a Complaint about Special Educational Needs Provision (SEN)

Please access the information here.

Complain About School SEN Provision