Our Christian Vision
We are an inclusive Christian family, who ‘Learn Together In God’s Love’ with mutual respect, tolerance and kindness. We treat each other as we would like to be treated (Matthew 7v12) this allows us to thrive in our education, friendships and journey through life. We are proud to say we are all equal.
Through the range of experiences we offer to all our pupils we encourage an understanding of the meaning and importance of faith and promote all the Christian Values.
We particularly focus on Responsibility, Creativity, Forgiveness, Perseverance, Hope, Thankfulness and Friendship.
These Christian values form the basis of our vision and are embedded throughout our school life and underpin all our teaching.
Our School's Ethos
Our School's Aims (Qualities)
The children, staff, parents and Governors developed ‘The Great Expectations’ together. These are the qualities that we all develop at St Agnes, we hope that these qualities based around the Christian teaching of Matthew 7v12 will enable the whole school family to live a Christian life during their time at school and for the rest of their lives.
The Great Expectations are as follows:
- Be safe - To learn in a safe, joyful and caring community where everyone feels valued and special.
- Be in the right place at the right time - To develop personal responsibility, punctuality and social skills to ensure readiness to learn and the ability to follow rules.
- Do your best - To strive for excellence by taking part in a rich and bespoke curriculum, which will provide every child with the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to reach their full potential.
- Handle your emotions - To maintain high standards of behaviour, develop self-awareness and encourage children to take responsibility for their own actions and learn to forgive others.
- Use appropriate language - To develop lively and enquiring minds that are confident to ask questions whilst always remaining respectful, polite and kind to others.
- Co-operate – Working as a team, we establish effective partnerships with children, staff, parents, Governors, the Church and the community to promote our Christian family values.
- Respect everyone and everything - To learn tolerance, self-discipline, compassion and respect for themselves, the environment and the wider world. As well as celebrating diversity within our school family.
The Henshaw Trust
The aim of the Trust is the promotion of God’s Kingdom through the provision of Primary and Secondary Schools, where the faith and worship of the Church of England can be taught and practised. Children brought to church may be supported through Confirmation and become worshipping membership of the Church. St Agnes’ School is part of this trust and we work together to achieve our common aim.
To find out more about this organisation please visit their charity page The Henshaw Trust.